WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EXTENSION STUDIES AND ONLINE EXTENSION STUDIES?
Extension Studies courses are created and led by YWAMers to equip and train people in a particular area. Every course is short and typically part-time andregistered at an existing YWAM Operating Location, even if it is held at a different location. Extension Studies courses are ways for us YWAMers to get the training we are passionate about out to the wider body of Christ, and beyond, in a way that has the backing and accreditation of the UofN. Extension Studies Courses:
- Have focused learning activities with clear learning outcomes;
- These outcomes are measurable, so the student’s progress can be monitored, evaluated and celebrated;
- Each course is connected to a YWAM centre/base/campus with the agreement of the leader of that ministry;
- Are led by enthusiastic, knowledgeable YWAMers, eager to serve the course participant with the training they want to impart.
WILL I RECEIVE THE SAME NUMBER OF FULL LEARNING WEEK (FLW) CREDITS AS LEARNING COMPONENTS UNITS (LCU) CREDITS?
HOW DO THE CREDITS EARNED WITH EXTENSION STUDIES RELATE TO A UOFN DEGREE PATH?
WHAT CREDITS WILL THE STUDENTS GET WITH EXTENSION STUDIES?
IS THERE A LOWER AGE LIMIT FOR SOMEONE TO BE REGISTERED FOR AN EXTENSION STUDIES COURSE?
WHAT ABOUT THE ‘DTS FIRST’, PRINCIPLE FOR YWAM TRAINING?
CAN A YWAMER TAKE AN EXTENSION STUDIES COURSE?
Anyone can take an Extension Studies course, so yes of course.Some of our YWAM operating locations find the Extension Studies platform an ideal way to create ongoing part-time staff training programmes. All the values of our Extension Studies apply, which enables some great in-house training.
HOW DO I DETERMINE THE LEVEL OF MY COURSE, 100, 200, 300 ETC?
The course levels are determined as follows:
- 100 level, is the introductory level.
- 200 level is broad knowledge in a specialized field, moving beyond the introductory level.
- 300 level is specialized knowledge with growing depth in an area; the equivalent to an undergraduate level course.
- 400 level is broad and coherent knowledge with depth in underlying principles; moving towards the graduate level of training.
- 500 level is an advanced senior professional level.