Bible: John 15, James
‘A Beautiful Way’ by Dan Bauman
‘Falling Upwards’ by Richard Rohr
- Principles for living as a disciple of Jesus
- Stepping into the journey that God has for you.
- The disciples followed Jesus and allowed themselves to take on the life of Jesus.
- They were empowered to journey on and to spread the good news.
- Deeply connected with others
- God and yourself Teachable
- Being intentional
- Asking questions
- Reading and learning
- Being the one taking initiative to grow.
WE ARE ALL CALLED TO BE DISCIPLES
- With God we can have faith for the impossible:
- God will win over the sin I cannot let go of
- He will help me understand my limitations
- Believing and knowing his promises
- Sharing our faith
- Understand what fruit looks like in my context.
- All called to bring the kingdom of God
- Raising our kids
- Making Jesus Lord.
- Not just Jesus as Saviour but also as King
TENSION: THERE ARE NO FORMULAS FOR LIFE
- Iron sharpens Iron
- Hardships can be opportunity for growth
- Called to live in the radical middle
- seek truth above being right
IT IS A JOURNEY
- The reward is not in the end result but in the willingness to follow, fail and try again.
- Embrace suffering
SMALL GROUP QUESTIONS
- 1. Do I know about God or do I know God? What does that mean?
- 2. Am I surrendered to God in every area of my life? What does that look like?